Academy Safeguarding & Player Welfare Officer
Salary: up to £35,000 per annum depending on experience
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a full-time Safeguarding & Player Welfare Officer within the Club’s Academy.
Reporting to the Head of Education and Welfare, the role of the Academy Safeguarding and Player Welfare Officer is crucial in ensuring the Academy’s approach to children’s welfare and safeguarding works in practice.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the Club’s Safeguarding Manager with safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
- Implementing the Academy’s reporting and recording procedures and be the first point of contact with the Club’s Safeguarding Manager.
- Report safeguarding concerns or poor practice to the Club’s Safeguarding Manager.
- Promote the Academy’s best practice guidance, Code of Conduct and the Club’s Code of Ethics and Conduct in the Academy.
- Assist the Academy in keeping staff’s safeguarding training up-to-date, including the FA Safeguarding Children certificates and first aid for coaches.
- Coordinating and planning a whole Academy Lifestyle Performance Management Programme for the Second year Scholars and primarily the EDS squad.
The post holder will also be responsible for overseeing the Academies Transport and Housing policies and programmes.
The type of experience we are looking for:
- Previous experience in a Safeguarding role
- A recognised qualification in Safeguarding Children or equivalent
- Knowledge of the CPSU’s standards in Child Protection in Sport
- Basic knowledge of roles and responsibilities of local statutory agencies (social services, police and Local Safeguarding Children Board (LSCB))
Along with the relevant experience the post holder must possess excellent communication, organisational and administrative skills.
If you are interested in this vacancy, please download an application pack.
Closing date for receipt of completed application forms is Thursday 11 April 2013.
Please note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
This Football Club is committed to Equality
To apply, please visit www.Jobs-In-Football.com